Monday, February 15, 2010

Mount Fuji & Hakone

11 February 2010

We have booked a day trip with JTB for a tour around the Mount Fuji & Hakone area...

Our pick up from the hotel was really early at 8.05am!

Nonetheless, both Daddy & I were super excited about this trip!




After about 1.5 hours drive from Tokyo, we arrived at the Fuji Visitor Center for a stopover… Nature, culture and artwork concerning Mt. Fuji are on display at the information center.




Oh... and then I saw SNOW... words could hardly describe the enthusiasm I felt!







As the weather was very foggy, we only managed to go up to the 4th station... Although, it’s a pity we didn’t get to see Mount Fuji that day but it’s really an experience for me! This is also the highest my folks had been to on Mount Fuji.






A peaceful Japanese-style lunch while I was busy catching on my beauty sleep...



After lunch, we headed out to Hakone to take a cruise on Lake Ashi aboard a large sightseeing boat. Still as foggy, we can’t really see too far out but the ferry ride was fun with the chill wind blowing while we enjoy the surrounding natural beauty.



The cruise brought us to the Mount Komagatake Ropeway. We took a ride on the aerial cableway up and down Mount Komagatake for a sweeping view of the celebrated Hakone National Park.





X

No comments:

Post a Comment