Monday, March 6, 2006

Baby No 1: Week 29 & Day 1

This visit is the most dreadful one to me. Other than having to stay in the clinic all by myself from 8.30 am – 5.00 pm, I still have to do the finger-prick blood test for 5 times to monitor my glucose level at different intervals. However, my mood was slightly lifted up upon thinking that hubby would finally be home this week!
As much as I kept reminding myself to be strong, I couldn’t help bursting into tears several times after the blood test. I prayed to God asking for courage and strength to keep me going through the day and it took me quite a while before I managed to calm down.

It was close to 5.00 pm before I got to see Dr Ho. He was pleased with the overall result and thus has decided that home-monitoring is sufficient for me. That means I wouldn’t have to self-inject myself with insulin!!! This piece of news really cheers me up and I left the clinic with a smile on my face.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment