Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Appreciating my Mum...

The topic of who to look after Baby No 2 came across some weeks back and seems like that someone is still bearing hope that she will be the chosen one... sadly, my answer is still NO... Her offer of only bringing baby home on weekend plus add-on extra service do not entice me at all!

Although my mum has her fair share of making my life difficult for the past 4 years with her set of 'cannot be broken rules', I still appreciate the hard work and love that she has showered on Kaeden.

Her Golden Rules set during Kaeden's time...

(1) Pick up your kid by 7pm on weekdays
(2) No babysitting service rendered on Public Holidays & Weekends
(3) Please bring your kid along for all family holidays
(4) All trips to the doctors are to be made by the parents. Accompanying service can be provided if needed.

Although we understand that her purpose is to have her own time after a long day with Kaeden, it also served to remind us that WE are the parents and hence should be responsible for all their well-beings.

At least she respected the decisions made by us. At times, she does have her own thinkings but will never force us to accept. Most importantly, she doesn't act on her own despite our disapproval.

I also like the way she believe in allowing Kaeden to play on his own and not staying with him every single minute of his waking hour...

That makes my mum the perfect caregiver of all time... not to mention, a super expensive one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment