Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Baby No 1: Week 15 & Day 2

Finally, the long “awaited” day is here – Triple Blood Test!!!

This morning, I woke up with an “all ready to go for war” mood. The thing that I have feared for so long is at last here.

Every time the nurse called my name, my heart will skip a beat, wondering is it time for the “big thing” already. However, it is after waiting close to 3 hours that we finally took the blood test.

I felt so ashamed of my cowardness after the whole thing. The moment I sat down waiting for the nurse to prepare the syringe, I felt as if I am ready to faint anytime. I think the look on my face is so obvious that the nurse took the effort to calm me down with some comforting words.

I started chewing on my fingers long before the nurse proceed to draw the blood. Surprisingly, it’s was a painless process! I have to admit that the nurse’s skill was superb! In the end, I think the pain from the bite mark on my fingers is far worse than the pain on my forearm.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment